- 1 large Vidalia onion
- Gluten-free cooking spray or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup gluten-free brown rice cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Peel and cut the onion into ¼ -inch slices and separate them into rings. Soak the rings in a large bowl of cold water for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray (or coat it with olive oil).
- Mix the cracker crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Beat the egg and egg white together in a separate dish.
- Drain the onions and pat them dry with a paper towel. Dip the onion rings, a few at a time, into the egg, then into the crumbs. Place the onin rings on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp and brown.
- Onion rings are delicious served with ketchup, or with a simple dipping sauce made from ½ cup mayonniase, 2 tablespoons gluten-free chili sauce, and 1 tablespoon pickle relish.
- Servings: 4 (5 to 6 rings Per Serving)
- Recipe from: Easy Gluten-Free; © 2010 American Dietetic Association, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Recipe Provided by EatRight.org